The European Palliative Care Academy – Leadership Course
Planned: Master of Science - Leadership in Palliative Care
Planned start: April 2022!
- University of Cologne, Medical Faculty (Cologne, Germany)
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (Barcelona, Spain)
- Our Lady's Hospice (Dublin, Ireland)
- Medical University of Gdansk- MUG (Gdansk, Poland)
- Hospice Casa Sperantei (Brasov, Romania)
- St. Christopher’s Hospice (London, UK)
The overall aim of the European Palliative Care Academy is to enhance palliative care in Europe by contributing to closing the gap in further education.
The European Palliative Care Academy is a joint project of the four academic centres
- University Hospital Cologne/ Germany
- King’s College London, Cicely Saunders Institute/ United Kingdom
- Nicolaus Copernicus University Toruń, Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz/ Poland
- Hospice Casa Sperantei, Brasov/ Romania
It is financed by the Robert Bosch Stiftung/ Germany and implemented in collaboration with the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC).
These institutions have jointly developed the curriculum and will be offering it to emerging palliative care leaders of all professional backgrounds from across Europe. They offer one face-to-face teaching week each, so that the participants will visit all four institutions throughout the course. The medium of instruction is English. In addition to the four teaching weeks, the participant will do one week of observation in a European palliative care institution of their choice.
Together with continuous assignments and a personal project the course comprises approximately 690 hours and should be completed within 1.5 years. The course is to be completed part-time, enabling participants to continue their work in palliative care.
The Leadership Course 2019-21 has started in September 2019 and runs until May 2022. 22 excellent palliative care experts, representing five different professions and from 16 countries across Europe and beyond have been selected to take part in the course.
The European Palliative Care Academy is funded by the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
Course Outline (2019-2022)
|23/09/2019 - 27/09/2019||03/02/2020 - 07/02/2020||07/03/2022 - 11/03/22||09/05/2022 - 13/05/2022||after 1st before 4th Week|
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Observational Week|
|Cologne, Germany||London, United Kingdom||Gdansk, Poland||Brasov, Romania||Place tbd by participant|
|Intro by all academic centres|
University Hospital Cologne
Centre for Palliative Medicine
Dr. Gerrit Frerich
Due to the new German data protection act only limited information about eupca is temporally available. Please contact us if you have further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org